After my previous failures, I decided to go back to an old standby- Puppy Chow. I have not had it since high school and well, I wanted to make something delicious, that would be very difficult to mess up. I am pretty sure if you add chocolate, peanut butter and sugar together, you cannot go wrong.
from the back of the Chex box
- 9 cups Chex cereal (any variety)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar (I only used 1 Cup)
1. Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
2. In 1-quart saucepan, heat chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter over low heat,
stirring frequently, until melted. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
3. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
4. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag. Add powdered sugar. Seal
bag; shake until well coated.
5. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.