I am not sure what went wrong, usually SnoWhite's dishes are amazing. But these biscuits taste odd. Weird. Not really all that edible. And that is saying something for a family that loves both bread and cheese.
from Finding Joy in My Kitchen
- 1 C flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt (I did not add the salt because I didn't think we needed it- but maybe that would have made the difference)
- 1/2 C extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 + 1/8 C milk
- half of a 1/3 C olive oil
1. Mix together flour and baking powder.
2. Add in the shredded cheese and stir to coat.
3. Mix in the oil and milk until batter is moist.
4. Grease a cookie sheet and then drop biscuits by the teaspoonful (makes about 12 biscuits (I got about 18) onto the cookie sheet.
5. Bake at 400 for 20-30 minutes, until biscuits are lightly browned.
Sigh. Maybe things will come around soon.