Tuesday, February 23, 2010

You did what without an Apple Peeler?

Last summer/fall I learned how to make my own versions of applesauce, apple-pear sauce and apple butter.  It was a lot of fun, but honestly, a LOT of work.  Mostly because I had to peel every.single.apple by hand.

That is a lot of apples.

And this next year, I hope to do it all over again, only with a little help from this:

An apple peeler, corer, and slicer!  

My father-in-law forwards me his work's internal Craig's List of sorts (remember the table and chairs?) and I jumped at the chance for a slicer for $10.  I can't wait for an opportunity to use it!

5 comments:

SnoWhite said...

you will LOVE that apple peeler.

Lucy Marie said...

You will love it!! It will make the work SO much easier.

My name is PJ. said...

The Source has used one for eons and you will be so thrilled at how quickly you can peel AND core a bushel of apples to make apple sauce, pie, cake, crumble, jelly, etc.

Diva Kreszl said...

Oh how I love this apple peeler too! I can't even imagine going back to the old way, especially when working with large quantities!

Adie said...

My mom has one it is awesome! And we love her apple pies and crisps! yummy!!