Friday, February 26, 2010

Shrimp and Scallion Stir-Fry

 I know its not the best picture- but hey- at least I took one, right?  right??

All I can say about this meal is- easy.quick.yum.

Chris doesn't really like shrimp- but he was pleasantly surprised with this dish.  In his book it is even a do-over/make-again dish. Psh- as if I ever make something twice.  What would I have to blog about?

Shrimp and Scallion Stir-Fry
from Everyday Food (Jan 2010)

Ingredients
  • 1 tbsp oil
  • 1 lb large shrimp
  • 2 garlic cloves minced
  • 2 bunches scallions, chopped
  • 2 tbsp lemon juice
  • cooked brown rice for serving
Directions
  1. Heat pan (or wok if you have one) until hotish.
  2. Add oil and swirl around. 
  3. Add shrimp and cook until mostly firm.
  4. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
  5. Add scallions, lemon juice and 2 tbsp water.  Cook (stirring continuously) until scallions turn bright green. 
  6. Serve over rice immediately. 

6 comments:

Della said...

How can he not like shrimp? That's crazy!

I love anything remotely seafood-y...and I want your dinner!

Kristen said...

mmmm shrimp! Fabulous! I made some scallops last night with linguini, lucky for me no one else liked it! lol

Emily said...

My mouth is watering... YUM YUM!

Lucy Marie said...

Who doesn't like shrimp? He's crazy! That looks good.

My name is PJ. said...

A variation of this is a favorite in my house. If I cooked, I would tell you what the differences are...but I don't.

Shaina said...

Mmm this sounds delish - I LOVE shrimp! Yummy!