I knew this was going to be a different meal, I could not imagine what it would taste like, but thought I would give it a try (it did have feta after all).
But I don't know if I would recomend this salad to my worst enemy. It was nasty.
But if you like mush and tang and vinegar all wrapped up in each bite- go for it. We however, will never make this again.
The vinaigrette was way to vinegar-y for my taste, and when paired with the sweet potatoes, it was actually gag inducing. But I have some issues with texture . . .
(However- the potatoes by themselves were delicious.)
If you are brave enough to try this, or just want the recipe to know to stay away, here it is:
Salad with Sweet Potatoes and Feta
Everyday Food November 2009
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest (I used extra juice)
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon white-wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss sweet potatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil; season with coarse salt and ground pepper if desired. Roast until tender and browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons oil, grated orange zest, orange juice, and white-wine vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Add sweet potatoes, salad, and feta. Toss to combine and serve immediately.
Image from here