Thursday, February 4, 2010

House Tour: The Guest Bedroom

When we came home from Minnesota with a car full to the brim- we managed to sneak an Ikea dresser into the mix.  After the box sat around for a few weeks, I have finally turned this
into this!
Building the dresser was not the more easy thing I have ever done- I am afraid I am not quite the perfectionist the engineering team was hoping to buy and build said dresser.  Oh well- turned out alright.  It is a little bland, but it will do the job for $34.50.  Plus, with a few drawer pulls, it could look a lot cuter. 

I have even partially lined the drawers with my fancy drawer liners I got for Christmas (thanks Mom).  And please note the bowling trophy with the jumping girl.  I got that this New Year's Eve when we went cosmic bowling.  My dad cleaned up some old family trophies in the garage and used the pieces to create new masterpieces.  Like this one.  (P.S. My dad also bowled a 197 (or maybe 193) that night.  No.Joke.  He got 4 strikes- in a row!  Way to go daddyo!)
By the way, I have no idea where this super girl-y room came from.  When I started trying to fill the guest room for my parents to stay during Thanksgiving I found I had a bright pink quilt, pink pictures and art, another quilt with pink to lay on the bed, a girl-y sweater pillow . . . I guess I was holding some girl decor inside- out of respect for Chris.  Now the guests will just have to deal with the pink.  I do love this room.  (Maybe when I get all the boxes cleaned out I will show you the closet and stuff.  But maybe not, it is just a closet.)

7 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

It looks good. I love it :)

Brittany Ann said...

It looks great! And don't worry! I just bought a pink and black duvet for my guest room. Which, apparently, will never temporarily sleep any men. Or at least that's what my taste in decor seems to say all of a sudden.

Emily said...

Looks awesome! You did a great job on the room.

SnoWhite said...

nice work! I love the colors -- so bright and welcoming.

Adie said...

Nice! I love this room. It is a great drawer I think pulls will make it even better!

My name is PJ. said...

It's very welcoming and pulled together, Taryn! You guys are doing a great job!

Della said...

Yes! Girl decor rocks. :)