Friday, January 15, 2010

Next: The Microwave

The last big thing my parents did while they were here for Thanksgiving was to replace the hood with a new microwave.

The hood was fine- you can see it here.

But both Chris and I would prefer to have the microwave over the stove.  It takes up a lot of space on the counter and I didn't feel like we needed a hood.  So Black Friday we headed out around 11:00am and found a super deal on a microwave.  $100 baby.

Daddy installed it for us while Chris, Mom and I went to the humane society to pick up PeeWee.  


Isn't he cute?  Too bad he hates all cameras.  We get one picture and then he waddles to his bed with his tail between his legs.  I don't get it- what bad thing could have happened to him with a camera? 

Anyway- back to the story. Here he is, moving the stove . . .Good work Dad.


My dad also spray painted the silver exhaust fan white for us.  You can see how much it stood out from this picture of my father installing the kitchen light.

Nice, right?

But now it looks like this:

It could have used another coat- but it was time for them to go home.  I am sure I could figure out a way to spray paint it more if I really cared.  But I don't.  I like it just fine.  It looks lots better than silver don't you think?

By the way- before he spray-painted the exhaust- we had 4 colors going in the kitchen: we had a black refrigerator, white dishwasher, white microwave, cream stove, and silver exhaust.  Impressive no?  Now we are down to 3 colors.  Making progress.

Thanks Mom and Dad- for everything.  I am so happy you could come out for Thanksgiving.  And I promise- next time you come- we won't make you work so much . . . maybe.  XOXOXO

14 comments:

Della said...

Yay! Family workers are the best... :)

Rose said...

Looks great! Did you use autostitch on that first photo?

Hi, Lane said...

It looks really good! And I like the desk in the kitchen idea. We don't have any place for our office stuff, so that would come in quite handy!

SnoWhite said...

very nice!!

Lucy Marie said...

It's so great to have talented people in the family how can help with all of these things, isn't it? It looks great.

Kristen said...

GREAT kitchen! You have so much room, very nice!

Pamibelle said...

Looks good! Love the floors in your kitchen.

Kristie J said...

I have pics of my dad installing my microwave above the stove too.......aren't dads the best :)

Dudette said...

Your kitchen looks great and peewee is adorable!!

My name is PJ. said...

It looks wonderful and your kitchen looks HUGE! Excellent for you the cook! I can't wait to see how things develop!

Adie said...

I think we have the same stove and microwave as you! We have a black dishwasher, cream stove, white microwave and a white refridgerator. We were trying to buy one piece at a time to get all white - but we have now bought 2 refridgerators in the past 4 years. I like the exhaust white! You can buy appliance paint for the stove.

Adie said...

PS - THat is a HUGE kitchen! Love the floors!

Emily said...

You guys have already accomplished so much - the microwave over the stove is a big improvement! Tell your dad that when you guys are finished with house projects, he can help us out when he's in town :)

Kayla said...

Hey, do you know how difficult it was for your Dad to install the microwave above the stove? Was it super hard or was it relatively quick and easy? I want to put one above our stove, but we have nothing up there currently, so I'm not sure if it's possible... Just curious!

Thanks!