Monday, January 11, 2010

Next- The Light

After the turtle was gone, the next thing to do was tackle the kitchen light fixture.

It was hanging over by a wall, it was a blue color of which I was not fond, and well, it just wasn't right.


See?

So when my parents were here (over Thanksgiving- I know, I know- I'm behind) we bought a new fixture, and my father, the ex-electrician, installed it in a jiffy.  I am sure I could have done it (maybe . . .) - but it was nice to have a professional do it.  Thanks Daddy.

Here is the man in action:


All done - complete with antique table from my parents' first home.  Thanks Mom and Dad.


9 comments:

Kristen said...

looks nice!

Ashley @ The Happy Little Home said...

What a difference!!

Lucy Marie said...

It looks so great! It really makes a huge difference

Meghan said...

Lovely! Big improvement.

Shaina said...

Oh wow...that light fixture was...special. :) Looks great now - love the new one, and can't wait to see more house photos!!!

Emily said...

Very nice! Love the table too.

Brittany Ann said...

Looks great! Way to go Dad!

My name is PJ. said...

So pretty! You must be in heaven!!! It's like sculpting from a block of clay, isn't it?

Rae said...

I'm with everyone else- good job!