Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Homemade Beefaroni



While this might appear to be glorified pasta with meat sauce- I promise- it is.  When I planned to make this, I didn't really think about this recipe's similarity to this meal.  However, when we made Homemade Beefaroni- the dish was actually quite different than I expected.  I think the grated cheese adds quite a bit of flavor and texture to the sauce.



Also- If you like pepper, you could add 1/4 tsp rather than 1/8 tsp.  I don't like pepper- and 1/8 was too much for me.  But that is just me.

Homemade Beefaroni
adapted from Cooking During Stolen Moments

Ingredients
  • 1/2 lb. ground turkey
  • 1 28 oz jar tomato sauce
  • 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 c. water
  • 1 T. sugar
  • 1 t. each garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and salt (I didn't add salt because my pasta sauce already had added salt)
  • 1/8 t. black pepper
  • 1 lb. cooked pasta (I used wheels to make it interesting)
Directions

1. Brown meat.
2. Add remaining ingredients (except pasta). Simmer to combine flavors.
3. Add pasta and stir to combine.  Serve warm.

1 comment:

My name is PJ. said...

Bring on that cold weather comfort food!!