Thursday, December 10, 2009

Oh my gosh- the one where I got the best deal ever on chairs . . .

Let me start by telling you the situation: We are in the market for some chairs. We have 4 from our kitchen table and two solid ones from the dumpster.  We also have two more dumpster finds that are less than solid- not fun to wonder if today is the day they will give out.  I would like to replace those wobblers and get more chairs since we now have two tables to eat at (thanks Mom and Dad!)

I have been scoping out craigs list hoping for some stellar buy on simple wooden chairs that I could stain or potentially paint white.  But I am super cheap (read: lazy) and $25-50 for a chair that is an hour away didn't seem worth it. So we have continued to be sparse on chairs . . .

. . . until now.  Here comes my story: I was at Target the other day just perusing the clearance like always and came to the furniture section.  Low and behold- there was a set of two chairs and a set of two stools on clearance.  Hip hip hurray!

But I told myself not to get too excited- often clearance stuff isn't that cheap.  But you will not believe what I found . . .

The chairs:


Originally $169.00 - reduced to $10.64  I kid you not.

And the stools:


Originally 119.00- reduced to $10.64

I am in heaven.  I checked them out as best I could at the store: the stools do have a minor scratch on one of the seats, and the wood on the underside of one of the chairs is a little rough.  Hopefully that is why they have been returned- because I am willing to work with those imperfections!  I just hope all the pieces are there when we try to put them all together . . .

images from target.com (here and here)

13 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

Whoa! Nice work! What a find! That's good, even for Target!

Kayla said...

Wow! Score! That's an amazing bargain! I love Target! My most favorite store and I too find myself cruising the clearance isles!

Danielle said...

niiiice! Can't beat a deal like that. Gotta love Target!

SnoWhite said...

fabulous! I LOVE Target.

*claire* said...

wow!! what an amazing deal!

Kristen said...

wow those are great prices! Congrats!

Lucy Marie said...

What a stinking sweet deal. Amazing. But I must say, it made be laugh a little bit thinking about you asking yourself each time you sit your butt in the chair if this will be the time you end up on the floor :D ... I have a wobbly chair, too. I feel for ya!

Meghan said...

Great finds! I have almost the same chairs (in an esspresso finish without cushions) and they have held up for three or four years (and still going strong) and are very comfortable.

My name is PJ. said...

Incredible find! That's better than most garage or tag sales!

I don't get to Target very much any more and apparently I'm missing more than I thought I was!

Rose said...

JEALOUS!!

We scored some stools for $50 and I thought THAT was a good deal. dang.

I hope the new house is going great!

Rae said...

That is great!

MissBliss said...

great deals! perfect timing.. they were waiting for you!

Adie said...

GREAT finds!! I have been looking for chairs too.Good one!