Thursday, December 17, 2009

Homemade Spinach Dip

As I looked into the fridge- I noticed that it was nearly empty.  Emptier than I have really ever seen my fridge.  I needed to come up with some delicious food for friends (who didn't come- boo (hope you are feeling better!)).  How does one make magic deliciousness out of nothing?  Homemade Spinach Dip is the way to go.  It was great the first day- but that is about it.  Don't even try to keep it- it isn't worth it in my humble opion.  (But I am sure I will keep it next time I make it anyway- because that is just who I am.)

Enjoy!



Homemade Spinach Dip
adapted from M Cubed

Ingredients

  • 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
  • 3 garlic cloves, crushed
  • 2 (8-ounce) blocks cream cheese, softened (or the remnants of two tubs in your fridge- check for mold first)
  • 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
  • 1 (13.5-ounce) package tortilla chips (about 16 cups)
Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350°. 

2. Combine 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, sour cream, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, and next 5 ingredients (through spinach) in a large bowl; stir until well blended. 
3. Spoon mixture into a 1 1/2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella and remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan. 
4. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Serve with tortilla chips.

8 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

Yum. I love spinach dip. And your instructions to check for mold first are priceless. That's definitely something I have to do more often than I'd like to admit :)

Lucy Marie said...

Yum. I love spinach dip. And your instructions to check for mold first are priceless. That's definitely something I have to do more often than I'd like to admit :)

SnoWhite said...

that looks wonderful!

(and, we check for mold too... glad I'm not the only one!)

My name is PJ. said...

Just in time for watching the games this weekend! Thanks!!!!

Photos of house please.

Adie said...

Yum! I love spinach dip.

violet said...

Hi Taryn, I read about you, about your move and home changing. I understand you very well, I changed house two weeks ago and I begin to breath now. Tons of things to do, to remember, to think....but it gives me a lot of magic sensations.
Good work

Ashley @ The Happy Little Home said...

This looks great! I've missed your blog :)

Just Joany said...

Mmmmm. This does look good. I'm sorry your company didn't come. I hope they are feeling better, soon.

~ Just Joany
Red Wagon Flights