Here it is- Chicken Spaghetti with Rotini. As you can see- it is not the prettiest dish- but I most comfort casserole aren't lookers anyway.
This super fast and easy dinner is awesome. It will definitely be made again sometime when I need dinner and haven't gone to the store in weeks. Or maybe I will make it next time I want some delicious cheesy goodness.
Lucy used spaghetti- but I didn't have any . . . so rotini it was! I think it turned out fine- with the advice to "use what you have" I left out carrots and celery in favor of tons of red, orange and green peppers and 3/4 cup of corn. Yum.
Chicken Spaghetti with Rotini
adapted from Lucy's Kitchen
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups peppers, chopped
- 3/4 cup corn
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and shredded
- 2 cup shredded cheese
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can tomato soup (Oops- I forgot this! It was fine without it- but I can only imagine how awesome it would be with it)
- A few shakes of Worcestershire sauce (I added some soy sauce and white wine vinegar instead)
1. Satuee veggies in olive oil until tender. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
2. When pasta is cooked, drain and rinsed. Add sauteed veggies and chicken.
3. Add cheese, soup (or soups), Worcestershire sauce (or substitute), salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
4. Transfer to a lightly greased casserole dish. Bake, covered, at 350 for 30-45 minutes until cheese is bubbly and casserole is heated through.