Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Chicken Spaghetti with Rotini

I was unable to post yesterday because Chris took my laptop to school with him for his final.  It is so nice to have him done with school for the semester.

Here it is- Chicken Spaghetti with Rotini.  As you can see- it is not the prettiest dish- but I most comfort casserole aren't lookers anyway. 



This super fast and easy dinner is awesome.  It will definitely be made again sometime when I need dinner and haven't gone to the store in weeks.  Or maybe I will make it next time I want some delicious cheesy goodness.

Lucy used spaghetti- but I didn't have any . . .  so rotini it was!  I think it turned out fine- with the advice to "use what you have" I left out carrots and celery in favor of tons of red, orange and green peppers and 3/4 cup of corn.  Yum.

Chicken Spaghetti with Rotini
adapted from Lucy's Kitchen

Ingredients
  • 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 cups peppers, chopped
  • 3/4 cup corn
  • 1 cup chicken, cooked and shredded
  • 2 cup shredded cheese
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 can tomato soup (Oops- I forgot this!  It was fine without it- but I can only imagine how awesome it would be with it)
  • A few shakes of Worcestershire sauce (I added some soy sauce and white wine vinegar instead)
  • Pasta 
Directions
1. Satuee veggies in olive oil until tender. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
2. When pasta is cooked, drain and rinsed. Add sauteed veggies and chicken.
3. Add cheese, soup (or soups), Worcestershire sauce (or substitute), salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
4. Transfer to a lightly greased casserole dish. Bake, covered, at 350 for 30-45 minutes until cheese is bubbly and casserole is heated through.

4 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

Yum! I want to eat this right now. I didn't know Chris was in school?

SnoWhite said...

um.... you're making me hungry.

My name is PJ. said...

I would love this so much more than tuna casserole. To me that's what casserole is (I'm haunted by my youth) so I don't try any others. Because I'm soooo mature. I can see myself eating this one.

Rebecca Lynn said...

I can't wait to get back into the kitchen myself. It makes me feel better that you too were forced into the dreaded frozen food isle post-move. How is the new house? After a week of backbreaking renovations and moving I completely lost my oomph and am hoping to finish packing/decorating after the holidays. Merry early Christmas!