So when red peppers were 55 cents apiece last week (wow!) I decided to give it a try.
Unfortunately-I do not have any decent pictures of the soup. I just have this picture of the roasted peppers. Yumm.
You will just have to use your imagination on this one- ok?
Homemade Roasted Red Pepper and Potato Soup
adapted from Lucy and SnoWhite
- 3-4 large red bell peppers, roasted and diced
- 4 large potatoes, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 3-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 C chicken broth
- 1 C half and half
- 1 tsp dried oregano*
- 1/4 tsp dry thyme*
1. Roast peppers like Lucy does here.
2. Cook garlic and onion in oil until softened.
3. Then add potatoes, peppers and broth and bring to a boil.
4. Add seasonings and simmer until most of the broth has been absorbed.
5. Blend soup in a blender. (I made the soup ahead, let it cool, and then blenderized it. I have had bad experiences with hot soup and my blender.)
6. When ready to serve, warm it back up and add cream right before serving.
Chris really liked this soup- He liked it even more when he added bacon and cheese to it the second night. = ) Nothing a little bacon and cheese can't fix- right?