Thursday, November 5, 2009

No Bake Cookies


I made these with the kiddos I sit for- and they had a lot of fun helping out with the measuring and to stirring- but somewhere along the way I think we may have messed it up.

Kate's from Cooking During Stolen Moments looked like this:
 

Ours tasted fine- but they fell apart really easily.  I don't really know what went wrong- so I will just give you her directions.  Hopefully yours will stay together better.

No Bake Cookies

Ingredients

  • 2 T. butter
  • 1 c. butterscotch chips
  • 3/4 c. peanut butter
  • 2 T. milk
  • 2 c. oats (quick or old-fashioned will work)
Directions

1. Melt the butter over low heat in a medium sauce pan. Add butterscotch chips and peanut butter. Stir until chips are completely melted and mixture is smooth. Add milk and cook an additional 3 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and stir in oats. Drop mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls onto greased aluminum foil or parchment paper. Allow cookies to cool until set and firm.

Good Luck!

6 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

I make these too.

Sometimes using powdered milk instead of regular milk helps them stay together better.

Meredith said...

I LOVE these cookies. And for some reason, I've always associated them with being "kinda healthy" cookies (even though they probably aren't) so I don't feel as bad eating them!

Meghan said...

I've been making these no-bake cookies frequently for about the last month and they've been working out great.

http://www.lynnskitchenadventures.com/2009/08/no-bake-cookie-bars.html

I halve the recipe and make it in a 9x9 pan.

Love the new header.

Lucy Marie said...

Those look tasty. I wonder what happened to yours? The only thing I can see from the photo is that maybe the oat to "stick together stuff" proportion was off balance?

I'd say try again!

a H.I.T. said...

Ummm...yum. I might just make these with chocolate chips instead of butterscotch...

My name is PJ. said...

I'm going to try these. Anything that allows me to eat a home made cookie faster....