One standby dinner at our house is quiche. We have had a couple quiches before (Hash Brown Quiche, and Asparagus, Mushroom and Goat Cheese Quiche) but this one is a good base recipe to build off.
My mother has a standard quiche recipe that is a cheap, easy, and fast dinner option. I take the standard and then add whatever we have in the fridge at the time to compete the meal.
Mama's Standard Quiche
- 4-6 eggs
- pie crust (I am still learning to make this well)
- meat (chicken, bacon, ham, etc.)
- veggies (onions, peppers, asparagus, etc.)
- optional: ground flax or wheat germ
1. Crack 4-6 eggs into a 2 Cup measuring cup.
2. Add milk until it reaches 2 Cups and mix well.
3. Lie pie crust in a pie pan.
4. Add whatever meats, veggies and cheese you would like to the mix. You really can't mess it up.
5. Pour egg mixture into pie pan.
6. Bake at 325 for 1 hour until a knife comes out clean.