Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Mama's Standard Quiche


One standby dinner at our house is quiche.  We have had a couple quiches before (Hash Brown Quiche, and Asparagus, Mushroom and Goat Cheese Quiche) but this one is a good base recipe to build off.

My mother has a standard quiche recipe that is a cheap, easy, and fast dinner option.  I take the standard and then add whatever we have in the fridge at the time to compete the meal.

Mama's Standard Quiche
from Mom!

Ingredients
  • 4-6 eggs
  • milk
  • pie crust (I am still learning to make this well)
  • cheese
  • meat (chicken, bacon, ham, etc.)
  • veggies (onions, peppers, asparagus, etc.)
  • optional: ground flax or wheat germ
Directions

1. Crack 4-6 eggs into a 2 Cup measuring cup. 
2. Add milk until it reaches 2 Cups and mix well.

3. Lie pie crust in a pie pan.
4. Add whatever meats, veggies and cheese you would like to the mix.  You really can't mess it up. 

5. Pour egg mixture into pie pan.
6. Bake at 325 for 1 hour until a knife comes out clean.

7 comments:

Meredith said...

Quiche always looks so good to me! I wish I weren't allergic to eggs!

Kelsey said...

I looooove quiche. I've never attempted to make it though, even though countless people have told me it's easy. I think I'm intimidated by the pie crust.

Fine For Now said...

OH YUM! I am copy/pasting and printing this out right away! What do you use for your pie crust?

SnoWhite said...

looks wonderful!!

I'm still learning how to make the pie crust well too -- they are tough.

My name is PJ. said...

Quiche always reminds me of cooler weather - brunch or a simple dinner. Wonderful!

Emily said...

I love Quiche. Mmmm. Breakfast for dinner soon, I'm thinking.

Lucy Marie said...

I want to love quiche. I have tried very hard, so many times to love it. Unfortunately, I hate it.