Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Homemade Salt Scrub

A long time ago, I made a Sugar Scrub.  It was nice.  But then I used it all and never made more.  I don't know why.

Oh yes, I remember- it really hurt to rub on your skin.  Sugar is tough stuff.

But with winter coming, I wanted that moisturizing shower stuff again.  This time, I bought some Epsom Salt to use instead of sugar.

Here is what you need:


1 part olive oil
2 parts salt
essential oil if desired (I use grapefruit.  I love it.)

Directions

Mix together.  Done.



Taryn's Take:
Much, much much better than the sugar.  Doesn't hurt and it works like a charm.  Be careful- it makes the shower slippery!

6 comments:

Hi, Lane said...

I added a couple of drops of food color & put them in jars as thank you gifts for my bridesmaids that put my Bachelorette party together. I used the Sex on the Beach scent to go with the theme. Our tub in our new house is stained & scratched & even after I clean it with bleach, I refuse to take a bath. I miss it though, those scrubs are yummy!!

Lucy Marie said...

I love this. I'm going to make it. Someday.

My name is PJ. said...

Are you related to Laura Ingalls Wilder? You are refreshing in your approach to everything...and you're young to boot.

Have I mentioned that when my hair was waist-length, I would use olive oil to condition it about once a month? Look at Sophia Lauren....olive oil does one good, inside and out!

Emily said...

Wonder if this works with dry feet. I always get real dry feet in the winter. I hate it and can't seem to find anything that helps.

Risa said...

Sounds great! I'll have to try it!

MissBliss said...

very cool! I love homemade spa products...