Monday, November 9, 2009

Homemade Dried Apple Chips

When I had a bazillion apples, I turned a few into apple chips.  I wasn't sure I'd like them, so I didn't make very many.  I wish I had made more!


I find myself choosing them often when I am hungry- but don't want to make (i.e. do any work) something. Oh well- you live and learn.

Homemade Apple Chips
from me

Ingredients
  • Apples
  • water
  • lemon juice
Directions

I followed the same protocol as with the Dried Pears.
1. Cut apples.
2. Soak in water and lemon juice mixture.
3. Lay on dehydrator at 145 degrees for 5-6 hours, until dry.   

4 comments:

SnoWhite said...

yeah for apple chips!!!! :)

Rose said...

Yum! Those apple chips look great! You have gotten so much use out of that great find!

Sarah said...

YUM!

My name is PJ. said...

I swear, you could do a segment on a weekly cooking show with all you know and all you do! Plus you're cute, so I'm sure you would have "TVQ", that special something that producers are always searching for in a tv star.....