Wow- this is GOOD! Really good. Better than I was anticipating. Chris doesn't really like peppers- but he ate this one and admitted that it was pretty darn good (after you take out the peppers.) Ha- thanks Chris.
He might not like them- but he must admit- they are so pretty!
Unstuffed Pepper Skillet
adapted from Finding Joy in My Kitchen
- 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 bell peppers, seeded and cut into large chunks (I used green, yellow and orange)
- 1/2 of a standard 26 oz jar of tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp. chili powder
- 2 C brown rice, cooked (I cooked mine in homemade broth- it really makes a difference in the flavor of the dish)
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cut up your peppers and set aside.
- Brown meat and onion.
- Add seasonings, tomato sauce, peppers and carrots to the skillet and simmer until carrots and peppers are softened to you liking.
- Add rice and stir to combine.
- Serve warm and top with cheese if desired.