20 hours ago
Friday, October 30, 2009
Smitten Kitchen is one of my favorite food sites. Not only are the pictures absolutely gorgeous- but the writer is a doll to listen to any day of the week.
Oh yeah- and she has phenomenal desserts. Just last week she posted about chocolate mousse. Oh yum.
This recipe came from her.
adapted from Smitten Kitchen
2 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
16 tablespoons (2 stick or 8 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 3/4 cups sugar, plus more if needed
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon, plus more if needed
2 large eggs
1. Mix flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl.
2. Combine butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar in mixer. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl.
3. Add eggs, and beat to combine.
4. Add dry ingredients, and beat to combine.
5. Deb chilled her dough for an hour- I just went at it.
6. In a small bowl, combine remaining 1/4 cup sugar and the ground cinnamon.
7. Form balls of the dough, and roll in cinnamon sugar. Place about two inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
8. Bake at 400 degrees until the cookies are set in center and begin to crack (they will not brown), about 10 minutes.