Friday, October 16, 2009

Grilled Cheese with Bacon?

Seriously.  Grilled Cheese with Bacon. 

I got this from Everyday Food- and at first I was skeptical.  I first picked the meal for the tomato soup the sandwich was paired with-  but in the end, the soup ended up as an epic failure and the sandwiches were divine.

Give them a shot sometime.  Spice up your grilled cheese with something less healthy than a tomato.  = )


Grilled Cheese with Bacon
adapted from Everyday Food

Ingredients
  • a few slices of cooked bacon (please tell me you bake your bacon in the oven- right? Its the best way to cook it.)
  • a few slices of bread
  • some cheese- we used cheddar- Everyday Food called for some fancy cheese we didn't have- but the cheddar was just fine.
  • butter
Directions
  1. I hope you can put together a grilled cheese sandwich . . .  butter the outsides of the bread, put cheese and bacon inside and grill that bad-boy until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted.  

8 comments:

SnoWhite said...

I like the way you think :)

*claire* said...

with bacon is the ONLY way to eat a grilled cheese!!

Meredith said...

As my husband's favorite t-shirt says, bacon makes everything better!

Katie said...

oh my goodness this was a weekly CLASSIC for my family....

Lucy Marie said...

I like you. I like cheese. I like bacon.

Kristen said...

wow that actually sounds really good! I've never baked bacon, maybe I should give it a try!

Adie said...

Bacon makes EVERYTHING better. It is better than ice cream!

My name is PJ. said...

This is a wonderful combo! You know what one of Chef Stu's favorite (although seldom eaten) sandwiches is? Peanut butter, bacon and chili sauce. I actually throw up a little bit in my mouth when I think of it, but he raves about the flavor combo!

Try that one and report back to us, okay?