Friday, October 23, 2009

Flashback Friday: Schwans

Did the Schwan Man ever come to you house?  When I was a kid- this MN based company made regular appearances at our front door.  My Daddy would order all sorts of delicious (but hardly nutritious) treats for us- and the Schwan man would carry boxes up our very steep (and often frozen) driveway. 



Fast forward to a couple weeks ago: Chris got us some free icecream from Schwans.com.  They delivered the ice cream, and then a week later they came back to ask if we wanted more.  I didn't need any more 5 gallon tubs of icecream- but I did need some nostilgia.

So I looked through the magazine and picked out two treasures.  We had them for dinner (and dessert) last night.  Ahh, the memories. 

We had Bagel Dogs




I have looked through the rest of the magazine and I can't wait to try some of my other childhood favorites.  Yum. 

images from schwans.com

11 comments:

Meredith said...

I remember seeing the truck when I was little, but I haven't seen one recently at all!

Emily said...

I've never had Shwans - but our neighbors get a delivery frequently. Is it frozen food delivered to your door?

SnoWhite said...

man... you have just brought back some seriously good memories. I love their new york vanilla ice cream... and their ice cream sandwiches :)

Shalay said...

Wow, I've never even heard of Schwans! But they deliver food and desserts to your house? Awesomeness! Wish we had that here!

My name is PJ. said...

We didn't have them in NYS, but we had other deliveries...including the drycleaner and the milkman in the early 1960's!

I haven't eaten a hot dog in decades and decades, but quite honestly the idea of a bagel dog sounds pretty darn good!

Ashley said...

Okay, now I want some Schwans!!

More importantly, though - you've won a giveaway over at my blog! The first winner for my birthday giveaway never contacted me, so I drew another number and it was YOU!

Please email me with your address: ashleymarie6 (at) gmail (dot) com.

Yay!

Meghan said...

I've never heard of this company before in my life, but now that I've checked them out, I've just scored some free stuffed shells. Thanks!

Heather - Live Inside My Bubble said...

I remember Schwan's! We never got it at our house, but my grandma did. I used to love the little sundae cups. Good memories :)

Priscilla said...

I still get excited when I see a Schwan's Truck:-)

Hi, Lane said...

I had NEVER heard of Shwans in all of my 23 years. Today someone walks into my office to ask us if we're interested. How weird is that!!

April said...

Schwan's delivers to our door every 2 weeks. We love them!! :o)