Not quite as good as Olympic Cookies- but they sure didn't last long around here.
Also- this was my first attempt at using Truvia.
I used half sugar, and half Truvia. I couldn't tell that "weird" sugar was present- and neither could Chris. What are your thoughts on this stuff?
Crunchy Peanut Butter and Granola Cookies
Adapted from Culinary in the Desert (awesome blog- he is blogging from MN!)
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar (I used 1/3 cup brown sugar and 1/3 cup equivalent of Truvia)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, smooth or chunky
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups granola
- Optional: 1/2 cup dry roasted salted peanuts, chopped and 1/2 cup dried fruit (I added 1/2 cup chocolate chips instead)
- Beat butter, sugar (and Truvia), and peanut butter until well blended.
- Beat in baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and salt.
- Mix in egg and vanilla.
- Slowly add flour and mix until blended.
- Add granola (and peanuts, chocolate chips and fruit if using) and combine.
- Drop spoonfuls onto cookie sheets and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.