Monday, October 5, 2009

Apple Picking!

In addition to house hunting (which went in a totally new direction- weird)- this weekend Chris and I went out to Lyons (a quazi mountian town) and picked apples!  One of his new coworkers has some apple trees which are producing way more apples than he needs- lucky us!  We picked about 30 lbs I think.  It was a HEAVY basket!



I can't wait to try all my apple recipes I have been storing up just for this occasion!  Dehydrated apples, apple sauce, apple pie filling, apple cake . . . the list goes on.  I'll let you know how it goes!

image from here

8 comments:

Emily said...

Oh yum! Can't wait to hear about the recipes.

Meredith said...

I've never been apple picking!

I can't wait to hear all your recipes!

Lucy Marie said...

I can't wait to hear about all the great recipes! I am totally enjoying all the apple stuffs right now too.

Rose said...

Fun! You can always slice up the apples and freeze them too. I tried it last year, but ended up eating them like the next week. :o)

Fine For Now said...

YUM! So many things you can do with apples! Can't wait to see what you do! :o)

Brittany Ann said...

Those look gorgeous!

My name is PJ. said...

I used to do that when my kids were younger; now Chef Stu goes to a big orchard and buys 30 pound bags of 'drops' for cooking. He makes huge amounts of apple sauce and then freezes in a separate, free standing freezer so we have it all year. Yummo!

Children of the 90s said...

I used to always go apple-picking growing up in Minnesota! They definitely don't have that here in Dallas.