loosely adapted from bigoven.com
- 1/2 ground turkey
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Super Salt
- 1/2 Pint crushed tomatoes (8 oz)
- 1 Cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 Cup shredded Jack Cheese
- 1 egg
- 6 corn tortillas (I used taco shells)
- lettuce, chopped tomatoes, and 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- Brown meat with onions and garlic.
- Add seasoning, salt and tomatoes and simmer.
- Combine cottage cheese, shredded Jack cheese, and egg.
- Place half of the tortillas in the bottom of a 7 x 11 inch pan (or 8 x 8).
- Spread on meat mixture, then top with the other tortillas.
- Finally, top with cheese mixure. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- When done, add lettuce, tomatoes and shredded cheese on top and serve immediately.