Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Taco Bake

Remember the cottage cheese that we had to use?  This is the recipe I picked.  Very, very good if you are feeling like tacos!  

Taco Bake
loosely adapted from bigoven.com

Ingredients
  • 1/2 ground turkey
  • 1/2 cup diced onion
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
  • 1/4 tsp Super Salt
  • 1/2 Pint crushed tomatoes (8 oz)
  • 1 Cup cottage cheese
  • 1/2 Cup shredded Jack Cheese
  • 1 egg
  • 6 corn tortillas (I used taco shells)
  • lettuce, chopped tomatoes, and 1/4 cup shredded cheese
Directions
  1. Brown meat with onions and garlic. 
  2. Add seasoning, salt and tomatoes and simmer.







  3. Combine cottage cheese, shredded Jack cheese, and egg.







  4. Place half of the tortillas in the bottom of a 7 x 11 inch pan (or 8 x 8).
  5. Spread on meat mixture, then top with the other tortillas.  
  6. Finally, top with cheese mixure. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. 







  7. When done, add lettuce, tomatoes and shredded cheese on top and serve immediately.

5 comments:

SnoWhite said...

Looks tasty to me :)

Kristen said...

looks good!

Meredith said...

How funny...I'm making a different Taco Bake later this week :)

Erin said...

This looks very yummy. And I would know. I had kale for dinner ;-)

My name is PJ. said...

Me likey all Mexican food! All! Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!