Yum! These muffins were my first attmepts at baking with many new and newer substitutions.
First: banana for egg
These muffins baked up really well- I couldn't tell that I had substituted anything weird in there . . . nice. However, despite all the natural and less natural sugars, I didn't feel like they were not all that sweet. Not like my carrot cake muffins. Oh well.
I think the banana substitution actually adds a nice flavor to the mix- who doesn't love banana, chocolate, and peanut butter all together?
All in all- these are very good-and not too bad for you, eh?
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
adapted from Cooking During Stolen Moments
- 3 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. brown sugar
- 1 T. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- one ripe banana (or two eggs)
- 1 3/4 c. milk
- 2 t. vanilla
- 1/4 c. applesauce or oil
- 1/2 c. peanut butter
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- Mush up the banana.
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, mix wet ingredients (excluding Peanut Butter and chocolate chips).
- Add wet ingredients with dry and stir until combined.
- Add in peanut butter and mix.
- Add chocolate chips and combine.
- Drop into muffin tins and bake at 375 for 15 minutes.