Friday, September 25, 2009

Garage Sale Treasure 3

Oh boy!  My husband is the best.  Not only did Chris remind me that today was our community garage sale- he also gave me all his cash ($12)!

I went all out and spend all $12- wanna see?

I got these Tupperware cake and pie storage containers.  My mother had the bigger one and used it all.the.time.  It will be nice to have something that I can carry my carrot cake in . . .
$4


My next find is not for everyone- these were made for me.  I found almost new Chacos- size 7- Wide.  I have one pair of Chacos already- exactly the same stats- size 7- Wide.  I had to special order them because stores don't usually carry the wide width.  But apparently garage sales do.
$5


Lastly, I impulsively bought these canisters.  I already have canisters- but I have always wanted ones that have words on them.  So when the guy asked $3 for them- exactly what I had left- I took them home.  I am sure I will be able to find something else for my clear canisters to do now that I have these beautiful white ones.
$3

Sigh.  I didn't find what I was looking for- but I did find some treasures, no?

10 comments:

Callista said...

i heart garage sales ^_^ great deals!
BTW i posted the canned apple pie filling recipe for ya :)

Kristen said...

love the canisters!

SnoWhite said...

that is awesome! I'm jealous of the shoes... seriously -- what a steal there!

Lucy Marie said...

I want those canisters. I have been looking for a white one that says FLOUR on it for months and I cannot find one! The only thing I can find is Coffee, Sugar and Tea. You lucky dog.

By the way, I got your e-mail and I will be writing you back sometime tomorrow when I have some uninterrupted time.

Rae said...

So perfect. I love that you spent exactly what you had to spend.

Meredith said...

Good buy on the Chacos! I still have a couple pairs from when I used to work for a rafting company--anyway, I think they're fine to buy used as long as it looks like they haven't molded to the person's feet yet, which these haven't.

Maybe that's why I've never LOVED mine...they aren't molded to my feet enough yet!

Brittany Ann said...

You can never have too many canisters, and those are adorable!

My name is PJ. said...

WOW, the girl can s-t-r-e-t-c-h $12! You have to love a good garage or tag sale! I'm not familiar with the sandal brand, but I'm all about comfortable, practical shoes and they look like both! (I'm a big-time Croc girl, myself!)

Emily said...

You always find the coolest deals and the coolest stuff!

Your blog is FABULOUS, so I had to give you the award! :)

KaitlynRae said...

You got some great deals! I LOVE your new canisters! I have wanted something like that too... but just haven't found them yet. ;o) I love the Tupperware pieces too. Actually, my mom tried to sell some of hers in my garage sale and I ended up just taking them from her. Hehe... Great buys!