Friday, September 18, 2009

Cheesy Egg Bagel Sandwich

Thank you for all your kind words of advice yesterday- if I don't feel better soon- I will go back to my doctor!

I bought some dry curd cottage cheese because it was on sale last week.  It is cottage cheese without the cream added back in to make it all liquid-y.



But, because I haven't done any cooking for the past week, the cheese was approaching its end.  I asked Chris to find something he wanted to make using the cheese and this is what he came up with- Cheesy Egg Bagels.  Not too shabby.



You could make this is regular cottage cheese if you prefer- just drain the juice or let it cook off.  You don't want a soggy bagel!

Cheesy Egg Bagel
From Chris and Taryn

Ingredients
  • 1/4 C chopped onions
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 C dry cottage cheese 
  • 1 pinch of super salt
  • 2 bagels
Directions
  1. Brown onions.  Add whisked eggs and cook until almost done. 
  2. Add cheese and finish cooking.
  3. Season with salt. 
  4. Meanwhile, toast bagels and butter (believe me- this is the best!)
  5. Assembly egg sandwich and enjoy!  

8 comments:

Emily said...

Looks good.. but I have never heard of Dry Curd Cottage Cheese before... I wouldn't know where to even get it.

Adie said...

Does the curd actually melt? My friends family buys the dry curd and adds it to the regular stuff just so it is a nice balance. I like it. (with dill pickles ;))

Lucy Marie said...

Yum. I've never seen dry curd cottage cheese although it seems very interesting.

Jennifer said...

I hope your feeling better!!! Sandwich looks delish!!

My name is PJ. said...

The dry curd cottage cheese looked interesting in the package, but the application in your cheesy egg artistry made it all fab!

Lisa said...

That looks delicious! But yeah, I had absolutely no idea they sold dry curd cottage cheese. Where does one find that?

Adie said...

I was thinking about you today. I hope you are feeling better!

*~Angie~* said...

Looks like another good one! Oh and I must tell you, I was brave enough to make the black bean brownies last week!...and they were great! Who woulda thunk it!? I need to post about it soon so I can tell everyone else bout it and that they need to make them too! ;)