This recipe comes from the September 2009 issue of Everyday Food. To be honest, I really didn't love it. But I made it for a group of friends and one guy LOVED it- so I thought I should share it with you.
But be warned- I take no responsibility if you do not like this soup either. It was just kinda bland and I added too many potatoes, which I cooked for too long. But enjoy!
adapted from Everyday Food
- 1 lb ground beef/bison
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5.5 Cups homemade broth (3 cans (14.5 ounces each))
- 1/2 lb carrots cut into one inch pieces
- 6 potatoes cut into chunks (the original recipe called for 2 potatoes)
- 2 Cups egg noodles
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- Brown meat with onions.
- Add broth and three cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes and carrots and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add noodles and cook until tender.
- Stir in parsley and vinegar and serve.