Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Beef Stew with Noodles


This recipe comes from the September 2009 issue of Everyday Food.  To be honest, I really didn't love it.  But I made it for a group of friends and one guy LOVED it- so I thought I should share it with you. 

But be warned- I take no responsibility if you do not like this soup either.  It was just kinda bland and I added too many potatoes, which I cooked for too long.  But enjoy! 

Ingredients
adapted from Everyday Food
  • 1 lb ground beef/bison
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 5.5 Cups homemade broth (3 cans (14.5 ounces each))
  • 1/2 lb carrots cut into one inch pieces
  • 6 potatoes cut into chunks (the original recipe called for 2 potatoes)
  • 2 Cups egg noodles
  • 1 Tbsp dried parsley
  • 1 tsp white wine vinegar
Directions
  1. Brown meat with onions.  
  2. Add broth and three cups of water and bring to a boil.  
  3. Add potatoes and carrots and cook for about 10 minutes.  
  4. Add noodles and cook until tender.  
  5. Stir in parsley and vinegar and serve. 

5 comments:

kristen and thomas said...

I think it looks pretty yummy! I might have to try it :)

Emily said...

This looks fabulous, I'm ready for stew and pasta weather!

Shannon said...

that looks so yummy and sounds easy to make! Thanks for posting the recipe..I'll have to try it!

My name is PJ. said...

The only stew I've ever loved is Chef Stu. :) But I know there are some tailgating parties that will benefit from this!

SnoWhite said...

yummy :)

For your question about the crescent rolls - I used their new "crescent creations" where the dough is in one solid sheet rather than perforated.

I bet you could make a biscuit topping, or a pie crust and rather than roll the thing out, jut plop pieces over the top.

We had a tube of Crescent rolls in the fridge so we decided to use that up, but next time, I'm going to try it with either the biscuits or pie crust.