Thursday, August 27, 2009

Zucchini Chips and Mail!

The Dehydrator has come to life. I made my first thing- guess what it was? I'll bet if you hadn't read the title- you would never have guessed. But since you probably read it- go ahead and tell the inanimate computer screen the answer like Dora- "Zucchini chips!"

That's right!

Weird, I know.

Here is what you do . . .
  1. Cut your Zucchini into slices, preferably similar sizes.
  2. Spay with some olive oil and salt a bit with Super Salt.
  3. Lay on dehydrator.
  4. Turn on and leave alone for 8 hours at 125 degrees.
  5. Come back to these gross looking things.
  6. Taste one and think, "Hmm, not too shabby."
  7. Move on to fruit roll ups.
On another note- Thanks Kayla for the package! You are the best.

(Don't notice that the Swedish Fish are not only opened, but gone entirely- all within a matter of hours. I would never do that. I have self control. Really. (Example: You should see how many Zucchini Chips I have left.))

11 comments:

Kayla said...

So, in reading your post, I realized that I completely forgot to include your small Starbucks Gift Card!!! (And I just found it in my purse!) I will send that to you sometime soon, give me a week or so! haha :-)

On another note, aren't Swedish Fish amazing?!?! I love them so much! That fruit "leather" is different than the normal ones I've tried. I got one at the same time I picked one up for you and it's different, but pretty tasty.

I'm glad you enjoyed it and I'll get that other piece sent to you soon.. Sorry!! (Seriously, my mind is going, I swear!)

Della said...

I have this running competition with my brothers on how much food I can put in my mouth, and you know, you can fit a lot of Swedish fish in a mouth. :)

Meredith said...

What a great little package Kayla!

Meagan said...

Looks like fun! I love getting packages in the mail. They are so much better than bills!

Emily said...

I'm impressed it took you hours to make it through the Swedish fish, they would have been gone in seconds at the McKevitt household! So fun to get packages in the mail!

SnoWhite said...

yum on the zucchini crisps! i'm now itching for my own dehydrator!

Brittany Ann said...

I bet those would be good with hummus!

Lucy Marie said...

I made zucchini chips last year. They are so good. In fact, I was going to comment and say that you should try them with a bit of your super salt! Then I re-read it more closely and realized you were one step ahead of me. Try them with some chip dip .. they are soooo good!

Katie said...

I love stretch island fruit leather--eat it all the time! I love all those fun things in that package!

xo

Dreams2009 said...

I need to get me a Dehydrator! Until I seen it on your blog, I had no idea what this was, I will be on the search for one! :)

My name is PJ. said...

Zucchini - the reason it is so plentiful during the growing season is because no one likes it. :) (That's my story and I'm sticking to it!)