Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Yellow Watermelon?

Did you know that there is a version of watermelon that is really, truly yellow?

Looks normal on the outside . . .

But crazy on the inside!

Its a little more sherbet hued if you ask me.

We went to the farmer's market around us this weekend and came back with many treasures. But the watermelon was by far the coolest.

Check out your markets- you might have some too! Who knew?

(Yes, I really did pick all the seeds out when I cut it up. Mom- I was channeling you the whole time. I don't know how you did it all those years.)

11 comments:

Adie said...

Did it taste different? Have you had a Canary Melon? They are Awesome!

Meredith said...

I always think these are so weird. There's one version that looks like a Cantaloupe but is actually a Honeydew melon!

Children of the 90s said...

I've never seen this! Does it taste the same?

SnoWhite said...

we got one of these from our student organic farm -- it's so fun!

we just found purple bell peppers - who knew?!

Brittany Ann said...

My mother in law mentioned this to me. Was it tasty? Or the same as our regular pink ones?

Mrs. Hibit said...

This would intimidate me. I love watermelon, but can't stand cantaloupe... so a watermelon that is cantaloupe-colored would really freak me out. It IS really interesting, though!

Kristen said...

we got those all the time last year from our farmers market! It was so much fun.

We think they taste alittle sweeter than normal watermellon, I personaly loved them

Lucy Marie said...

What does it taste like?

Also, I think I've seen that bowl in other posts of yours - I think it is really cool. What does it say all around it?

Taryn said...

Lucy and others: it tastes much like a normal watermelon- only a bit sweeter.

Lucy: the dishes say, "On cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well" It is a quote from Virgina Woolf. I love them. We got them for our wedding- PB is awesome.

My name is PJ. said...

If you pick out all the seeds, what do you spit at each other? That's part of the fun.....

sarah said...

How does it taste?