Anyway, I am here.
I am trying to figure out my life.
It is hard to do.
But in the breaks between life soul searching, I have been pretty busy with apples.
A good friend came back into town (sans his wife- we miss you Heather) for some work. When he and his brother came over the other night, they brought a million Granny Smith apples. Well not quite a million, but about half a box.
So we did what any good apple loving people do- we made apple butter and apple crisp. Delicious.
I didn't take many pictures of the apple butter, but I hope to make some more tomorrow or Thursday (I still have 22 apples left) so I will document it then.
However, I do have the recipe for Apple Crisp that I can post for you now.
from Betty Crocker
- 4 medium cooking apples (sliced)
- 3/4 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C flour (whole wheat)
- 1/2 C oats
- 1/3 C butter, softened
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Heat oven to 375. Grease 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Spread apples in pan. Don't try to be pretty. I tried- but it was just a waste of time because there were so many apples.
- Mix together remaining ingredients. Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. When the top is lightly browned and the apples are tender it is done.