Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Minnesota is Done.

So I am finally getting back into blog land. I have missed you all. I think we are finally done traveling for the foreseeable future (until Christmas!)- sad.

Anyway- I wanted to show you a few pictures of what we did and what we ate while in Minnesota.

One of the main reasons we went to Minnesota was to see Elise and Josh get married. Here is Chris and I trying to take a nice picture of us all dressed up. Chris would have none of that . . .


And here is what Chris did nearly every second that he was not working or eating: playing Tanks on the Wii. He found that there are more levels after the first 20- 80 more to be exact. He only made it to level 61- maybe next time Chris.


This is my dad and I watching Chris play Tanks. We are an exciting bunch. (Please excuse the mess of laundry. My sister and her husband had been living with my parents since the wedding and they were in the process of moving to Chicago while we were there.)


My daddy also took me to the mall to get this . . .


A new phone! It is green. I like green. It was a little sad to say goodbye to my old phone, but sometimes change is a good thing. (Yes- I am still on my parents' family plan. Thanks Mom and Dad!)

When I wasn't buying a new phone or watching Chris play tanks- I made some nummy stuff I will share with you this week. I made
  • Blueberry Banana Bread
  • Watermelon Lemonade (which my lovely BIL is enjoying)
Grandma made Popcorn Salad

and taught me how to make a crocheted potholder. (I will post about it later.)

It was a great trip. I love you all in Minnesota (and Chicago now) and can't wait to see you again soon.

phone image from t-mobile.com

11 comments:

Emily said...

Looks like an awesome time and yummy food! I was just telling my Chris this morning that I should put my trusty bread maker into use and make some blueberry bread.

Lucy Marie said...

Yum. I want some of this so called watermelon lemonade, please.

*claire* said...

fun times :)

Shaina said...

Watermelon lemonade? Yes please!

It's fun to travel, but to me, it always feels so good to come home!

Kristen said...

yum, can't wait for recipes! My husband is addicted to the tanks game also but I'm pretty sure your husband has flown by him being on level 61!!!

Meredith said...

I want to hear more about popcorn salad--I've never heard of such a thing!

Adie said...

Glad to have you back! I keep looking through my reader for you. I also can't wait to see what is in that popcorn salad!

S. said...

looks like you had a great time! glad your back home.

Kristin said...

Your guy reminds me of mine! And what is Popcorn Salad??? Can you share the recipe?

My name is PJ. said...

More photos please! And I'm waiting for you to de-mystify 'popcorn salad'. You come up with some good ones, girl!

Danielle said...

Great trip! I'm still on my parents family plan, too. What? We talk for free! :)