I swear- I love my dehydrator.
This weekend, I made craisins from some cranberries I had frozen last fall (ekk!) but never used.
The craisins are quite good- but I will add a bit more sugar next time- these suckers are a bit tart.
adapted from several wise internet finds including here
- 1/2 bag cranberries
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 Cup water
- Cut cranberries in half. This will be tedious. Be patient. (You can also put them in boiling water for 30 seconds to split their skins if you would prefer. Follow the directions for de-skinning tomatoes here, except don't actually take off the skin off.)
- Make simple syrup. (Add sugar to water and heat until sugar dissolves.)
- Add cut cranberries to syrup and soak for 20-30 minutes.
- Drain berries and add to dehydrator.
- Dehydrate at 125 degrees for 8 hours or so until they are dry.