Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Grilled Marinated Shrimp with Garlic and Lemon

The end of summer is coming- I can feel it in the air sometimes. But this weekend we were able to enjoy summer at its best- with a grill.

We do not have a grill, but our community center does, so we finally took advantage of it and grilled up some shrimp.


These were quite good. But they cooled off annoyingly fast on the walk home from the community center. However, most people who have grills probably won't have that problem.

Grilled Marinated Shrimp with Garlic and Lemon
adapted from suggestions online

Ingredients
  • 40 little shrimp, deveined with the shells removed
  • 1/3 C lemon juice
  • 1/3 C olive oil
  • 1 tsp dried parsley
  • 2-3 cloves minced garlic
  • 1/2 tsp crushed mustard seed
Directions
  1. Marinate shrimp for several hours, then place on skewers and cook on grill until no longer pink.

11 comments:

Meredith said...

Ohhh...I don't eat fish so I can't try this on shrimp, but I bet it would be killer on chicken! I love garlic and lemon together!

Shaina said...

Yummmmmy! I love shrimp more than life itself. For real. It is one of my absolute favorite things. This looks so fantastic - but alas, we don't have a grill, either. I lust after one pretty much every day, though. :)

Super Careo said...

These look SO GOOD. I might have to try and make some myself.

SaraLouise said...

wow just found ur blog and will def be trying some of these. hope you like mine

http://pmp-oneinamillion.blogspot.com/

La Nouvelle Femme said...

That sounds delicious! I LOVE shrimp and am always looking for new ways to cook it!

Emily said...

This looks so so good. Mmmmm. I'm hungry at 10am now.

Sarah said...

Hey! Sorry I didn't tell you that we were coming our your way!It would have been fun to meet up. We were flying standby and had no idea we would actually make it!

Kristen said...

wow that looks delicious! I'm a huge fan of shrimp!

Emily said...

I love grilled shrimp! We just bought a charcoal grill... we must try that sometime.

My name is PJ. said...

I adore shrimp on the grill....and garlic is one of the 4 major food groups in our house. Yummo!

Lucy Marie said...

Yum. I love everything about this recipe.