Monday, August 24, 2009

Blueberry Banana Bread

This recipe comes from my post about The Very Best Banana Bread, which I posted a million years ago when I first started blogging (it really is the best banana bread I have ever had). While I was home in Minnesota last, I made some of this bread for my sister and her husband on their long trip to Chicago. However, I made it too soon, because it was all but gone before they left the next day!


I added blueberries because there were some in the fridge that needed to get used. It was perfection.


Blueberry Banana Bread
Adapted from me!

Ingredients
  • 1 C sugar
  • 1/2 C butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 5-6 TBSP sour milk (just add a little vinegar to the milk to sour it)
  • 2-3 ripe bananas
  • 1 TBSP baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
  • 2 C whole wheat flour
  • 1 pint of blueberries (You could use less- but I had them, so I used them!)
Directions
  1. Beat butter and sugar.
  2. Add bananas.
  3. Mix in remaining ingredients (excluding blueberries)
  4. Gently fold in blueberries pour batter into a greased pan and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
Yum.

8 comments:

~*~Kate~*~ said...

YUMMY!! I loe banana bread and blueberries would make it even better. :)

Emily said...

I've meaning to make some myself... can you send me a slice through blog land?

Katie said...

oh dear, that looks heavenly!

Brittany Ann said...

I love both of these fruits, so I love this, too!

Mandy said...

Oh man, everything you make looks sooo good. :)

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

oooo i so need to make this!

My name is PJ. said...

I love banana bread, pumpkin bread, zucchini bread, tomato soup bread...any and all. This recipe looks fab because I love blueberries too!

You were very kind about my orange afro! Thank you! I thought it was way funnier than anyone else!

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.