Black Bean Brownies
from Finding Joy in My Kitchen
- 1 can (15.5 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 eggs
- 1.5 Tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 T applesauce
- 1/4 C cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 C brown sugar (I would maybe do more sugar- these were not that sweet.)
- 1/2 C chocolate chips (I used peanut butter chocolate chip swirl)
- Spray a 7 x 11 or 8 x 8 pan.
- Puree your beans, eggs, applesauce and oil together. Make sure they are really well pureed- you don't want anyone getting a bit of bean in their brownie!
- Mix in the remaining ingredients (leave the chocolate chips out).
- Pour into greased pan and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Test for done-ness with a toothpick.