Monday, August 17, 2009

The Best Way to eat Peaches

I am pretty sure that Lucy Marie never wants to see another peach in her life (check it out here) but I want to share the best way to eat peaches (according to Chris).

First you take a peach and cut it up into slices. (Yes- these are white nectarines- but work with me here.)


Then sprinkle sugar on top. I was hesitant to do this- why put sugar on more sugar? But you will see . . .


Then wait a few hours. The sugar will become a syrup. Delicious!


Enjoy.

(Sad news- I never did get that interview with the guy from the plane.
Good news- I got a perfect part time job! Yes! My job searching days are over for the school year.)

11 comments:

Shaina said...

I do that a lot with strawberries - cover in sugar (I mean, sprinkle...) and sit them out on the counter all afternoon. At the end of the day...spoon them over some vanilla ice cream for a simple yet delish treat!

And also - CONGRATS on getting the job!!!!! Yay!!!!!!

Lucy Marie said...

You make me laugh oh so much. Believe it or not, I actually still love peaches and am eating them every day.

Sorry to hear you didn't get that job interview but YAY to hear you got a different job. What is it?

Erin said...

OK, so I have 6 peaches ripening on my kitchen windowsill...they were going to be healthy snacks, but now I have to try this!!!

Meredith said...

My favorite way to eat peaches is to toss them in some aluminum foil with some brown sugar, and then throw them on the grill for awhile...SO good!

Congrats on your job!

Brittany Ann said...

Yay for part-time jobs that are perfect! And for tasty peaches!

Adie said...

Yum Yum! Congrats on the part time job! I hope this makes you feel a little less overwhelmed!

Megan said...

Yum that looks so good! Congrats on the job!

My name is PJ. said...

I'm with Shaina about topping ice cream with this concoction. Yum! T, if you didn't get that interview, it's because that wasn't what you're supposed to be doing. This part time gig is the place for you to be at present. And I say CONGRATULATIONS on employment and the opportunity to STOP WORRYING ABOUT LIFE. Peace!

Adie said...

How did you cut your reader back? I try and they always come back.

Claire said...

Those peaches are tempting me! Congrats on the job =)

Fine For Now said...

The food you make ALWAYS looks amazingly YUMMY!

Congrats on the part time job!! :o)