Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Beer Can Chicken on the Grill

You may be sick of all this beer talk- but I wanted to share this glorious chicken with you.

Tada!


Beer Can (or Beer Butt) Chicken

Ingredients
  • One whole chicken
  • One can of half empty beer
  • Some salt and pepper
  • Some chicken rub
  • A grill
Directions
  1. Wash chicken.
  2. Pour half the beer out for drinking, then remove the top of the can.
  3. Place the chicken on the beer on the stand.
  4. Rub with salt and pepper (or Super Salt), then rub with chicken rub.
  5. Cook chicken on the grill for 1.5 hours or so until it is done.
  6. Enjoy!

(Thanks for stopping by Kristen A. - And thanks to you and your dad for the ride to the airport! You guys are the best.)

8 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

Yum. My brother in law makes that sometimes and it is so good. Are you home yet? I miss you!

Kayla said...

Ok, it's just about lunch time and that looks delicious! I'm getting so hungry just looking at it!

Chelsea Gwynne said...

thank you for the pics! I'm definitely going to do this asap!

Kristen said...

I am really glad for this recipe. I've had beer chicken once and loved it, I'm definitely gonna have to make it myself now!

My name is PJ. said...

Your new blog header is REALLY GREATTTTTTT!!!! Glad you're back. We want pictures!

Adie said...

This looks amazing! Can I get that kit anywhere? Also do you leave the lid of the grill up? Mine has a bunch of shelves so I couldn't close it.

Taryn said...

Adie: My dad bought the stand- I can ask him where he got it if you like. I think you close the grill if you can- we did. If not- I think you can do it open- it would just take longer? I know nothing about grilling- so don't take my word on it!

Kristin said...

I'll have to try making the super salt. We love trying new herbs and spices out! The first time I made this dh was upset about how he was going to have to carve it. The meat falls right off, so no carving necessary! We've now made this numerous times. We found our stand at the local grocery store for $3 and we make it in our oven.