Monday, July 27, 2009

Taryn ate what at the wedding?

Hi peeps! Hope you had a good weekend. I did.

Elise and Josh got married as planned. Imagine that. Here is a picture of the cabin girls all dressed up. Weird to have nice clothes on . . . (Also note- I actually wore my bridesmaid dress again. ha!)


Anyway, the thing I really wanted to show you is that . . . I ate an orchid.

I know- it is hard for me to believe myself.

My cousin works in food service and she said that they can't/won't put anything in the plate that isn't edible. So Chris popped his into his mouth without looking back. And 15 minutes later- he still wasn't dead so I gave it a shot.

Here I am checking it out.


Pretending to bite.


Really biting- look at Katie's face!


And this is what I think about it. Not too tasty in my opinion.


Hugs from Minnesota. I will be making Barbecue Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza for the family tomorrow night. Nummy!

(Sorry about the weird picture sizes. I don't have my computer . . .)

8 comments:

Erin said...

Brave girl! Looks like a very fun time (well, everything but the orchid part!).

Lucy Marie said...

So, should I add orchids to my list of ingredients to cook with?

Emily said...

Ha! I guess I can cross off orchids from my list of things to try.

My name is PJ. said...

I've always found edible flowers bitter too. About the bees: baby bees eat pollen for protein so they can grow up to be big and strong. :) Worker bees eat nectar which is what fuels them to produce honey...which they don't eat. It's like a cow eats grass and makes milk, but doesn't drink milk. Make sense? So endeth the lesson for today. :)

Adie said...

Wait, does it count if you sacrifice your husband first? ;) I can't imagine it would taste very good. Good for you for trying it though!

Meredith said...

Woo! Brave girl!

a H.I.T. said...

Orchids aren't bad! They're only bad when you pair them with scorpion. Trust me. I've eaten both.

Brittany Ann said...

Haha! Good to know it won't kill us, since orchids do seem to be the garnish of choice these days!