Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My Life Now

Between looking and applying for pointless jobs, I have found that I have no more excuses to prevent me from sorting and purging my school papers. I am not going back to grad school anytime soon, but I am a hoarder. I cannot part with my school notes. I fear that I will need them someday if I ever go back to school, or even if I just want to remember something. But if I am realistic with myself, I will never go back to those notes. They are so unorganized. And the internet is so much faster. So after hours of sorting and trying to be big- I recycled all of this.


And had a pile about half that size to use in the printer as scrap paper.

Good job Taryn. Good job.

I also organized the shelves of our coat closet, made our honeymoon scrapbook (we only got married three years ago) and organized the scrapbook stuff. Looking good now!
Happy Wednesday to you.

12 comments:

Fine For Now said...

Wow, looks good! I need to do this BAD!

Sarah said...

Way to go!

Kelsey said...

Haha! Taryn, I just read this blog entry outloud to my husband because he is the SAME WAY! He has boxes and boxes of grad school notebooks and he can't part with them. I can't argue because he worked hard and paid so much in tuition. So we get to move many, many boxes of pharmacy notes to our new house tomorrow!

KaitlynRae said...

Good job, Taryn! It is so hard to get rid of stuff sometimes, isn't it? My husband has an entire plastic tote (a big one) from school that he thinks he'll need someday. We've been trying to get get rid of stuff like that the past couple days, but he refuses to go through it. Oh well. ;o)

Jennifer said...

As soon as I knew I was going to graduate I started shredding papers. It felt great and I don't miss any of those papers. All of the important stuff is on the jump drive. And I'm like you, I have no plans to go back to grad school any time soon. The longer I am out, the less I want to go back to school.

Enjoy your purge it feels so good after!

Snow White said...

awesome!! I hear you about the school papers -- I'm proud of you being able to recycle them :)

Rae said...

There is something about getting rid of school papers (of any sort) that just *hurts*. Good for you.

Hi, Lane said...

I'm jealous of your organization.

My name is PJ. said...

You did an EXCELLENT job...of making the rest of us feel lazy and unorganized! :) You can tell you're done with grad school and have a bit more time!

Adie said...

Good job! I am a hoarder too but it always feels good to purge and organize. No matter how hard. Are you going to post pics of your scrapbook?

Jennifer said...

Awesome job!! I bet you feel much better that it's all organized now!!

Lucy Marie said...

I'm a hoarder of school papers too. But doesn't it feel so great to simplify your space? The closet looks great.