While home for my sister's wedding and the 4th of July, I was summoned to help Grandma make Peanut Brittle for Grandpa. Grandma didn't need me, but it was sure nice to cook by her side and learn how to make this delicious dessert. Thanks grandma and grandpa. However, my waistline does not thank you. = )
Microwave Peanut Brittle
From Grandma Andersen
Here is the recipe.
If you can't read it, I will transpose it here. You are lucky.
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Corn Syrup or Brown Rice Syrup
- 1 Cup raw peanuts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Mix sugar, syrup, peanuts and salt together. Microwave for 4 minutes on high. After the 4 minutes, stir once.
- Place back in microwave and heat for 3-5 minutes on high until it starts to brown a bit.
- Add vanilla and butter, stir and then microwave for 1-2 more minutes.
- Stir in baking soda.
- Then quickly transfer to greased cookie sheet.
- As it cools, try to stretch it out so it is thin.
- Cool and break into pieces.