Mmhm, fresh blueberries! Gotta love summer. Here is a splendid way to use your summer bounty- make blueberry bread. It is amazing.
However- do not forget to put in baking powder. I almost forgot.
The bread was in the oven when I remembered I didn't add the baking powder. So I did what any good baker does and I took it back out, added baking soda and put it back in the oven. I don't know if my mishap is why the bread was kinda small-but it was still delicious!
Lemon Blueberry Bread
adapted from Finding Joy in My Kitchen
- 1 1/2 C whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 C sugar or succant
- 1/4 C butter, softened
- 1/4 C applesauce
- 1/2 C lemon juice (or lemonade)
- 1 egg (Snow white added 1 egg white- I did not)
- 1 C blueberries
- Cream butter and sugar. Then add applesauce.
- Add Egg and mix well.
- Add flour, salt and baking powder- alternating with lemon juice. Stir until moist.
- Stir in Blueberries.
- Pour into a greased bread pan. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.