I am sure you have all been waiting anxiously for this recipe after I mentioned it in my Minnesota visit recap. Much like you have been waiting for pictures from Boston. Haha. I promise I really did go to Boston.
Anyway, here we go. I am sure you are all familiar with my first failures with Toffee- if you don't- you can read about them here. My friend Mandy and I tried- but yeah.
It was such a failure, my grandmother felt sorry for me and shared her Toffee recipe with me. Thanks Grandma!
I made the Toffee while in Minnesota at my high school (and college) best friend's house. Thankfully her mother was there to help us after I totally scorched the first batch.
Here are instructions to make Chocolate covered Toffee. Grandma got it is 8th grade home ec. - how cool is that? It tastes just like a Heath or Skor Bar. Delicious.
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 3/4 Cup brown sugar
- 6 oz. chocolate chips
- Optional: 1 Cup chopped nuts
- Grease 8x8 pan. Add nuts to bottom of pan if using.
- Combine melted butter and sugar.
- Chop up chocolate if using large chocolate chunks. Thanks Kenzie!
- Bring butter and sugar to a boil (not too much though) and sir constantly for 7 minutes.
- Pour into pan and spread out.
- Sprinkle with chocolate.
- Cover with thick cutting board to keep in heat the melt chocolate.
- When melted, spread the chocolate around.
- Cool and break into pieces.