Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Homemade Tofee: Take 2


I am sure you have all been waiting anxiously for this recipe after I mentioned it in my Minnesota visit recap. Much like you have been waiting for pictures from Boston. Haha. I promise I really did go to Boston.

Anyway, here we go. I am sure you are all familiar with my first failures with Toffee- if you don't- you can read about them here. My friend Mandy and I tried- but yeah.

It was such a failure, my grandmother felt sorry for me and shared her Toffee recipe with me. Thanks Grandma!

I made the Toffee while in Minnesota at my high school (and college) best friend's house. Thankfully her mother was there to help us after I totally scorched the first batch.
Thanks Donna!

Here are instructions to make Chocolate covered Toffee. Grandma got it is 8th grade home ec. - how cool is that? It tastes just like a Heath or Skor Bar. Delicious.

Ingredients
  • 1/2 Cup butter
  • 3/4 Cup brown sugar
  • 6 oz. chocolate chips
  • Optional: 1 Cup chopped nuts
Directions
  1. Grease 8x8 pan. Add nuts to bottom of pan if using.
  2. Combine melted butter and sugar.
  3. Chop up chocolate if using large chocolate chunks. Thanks Kenzie!
  4. Bring butter and sugar to a boil (not too much though) and sir constantly for 7 minutes.
  5. Pour into pan and spread out.
  6. Sprinkle with chocolate.
  7. Cover with thick cutting board to keep in heat the melt chocolate.
  8. When melted, spread the chocolate around.
  9. Cool and break into pieces.

9 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so behind on your blog! Partially because it makes me hungry at 9 in the morning! This looks AMAZING.

Snow White said...

yum!! I love that you have posted a toffee recipe that can be nut-free!! So often nuts are the key ingredient in toffee... I can't wait to try this one. I haven't had toffee in YEARS!!! Thanks.

Kayla said...

I love how ambitious you are with baking/cooking! :-) I wish I did more of it! And yes, your blog always makes me hungry! I LOVED the pink grocery bag you made out of the skirt, I would sooooooo order one of those!

Kristen said...

uh yummy!! congrats on having it work out!!

Kristin said...

Congrats on getting it right this time! This will be an excellent winter activity. I give my grandpa snacks for Christmas ~ he'll enjoy this!

My name is PJ. said...

Taryn, how do you cook all these things that are no lo-cal and remain so slim? Is it just your age, or do you cook and not eat them?

Jennifer said...

Yum I love toffee!! that woulod be so good broken up over vanilla ice cream! : D

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You re, I guess , perhaps curious to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I began to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper companion who uses your funds in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://jidatagug.uvoweb.net/vucode.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of hardship when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in large starting capital.
Nowadays, I'm happy and lucky , I started to get real income.
It's all about how to choose a proper partner who utilizes your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, parts and divides the income with me.

You may get interested, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]