Thursday, July 9, 2009

Homemade Lara Bar

For most of you who are feeling snacky- you could just go out and buy a delicious Lara Bar. But if you are like me and can't eat tree nuts without paying for it later, you can try this super substitute.

I traded the raw almonds for these bad boys.


In the end, almonds taste better- so you should use them if you can, but peanuts work pretty darn good.

Homemade Lara Bars - Banana Bread
Adapted from Oh She Glows

Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup dried dates
  • 1/4 cup dried banana
  • 1/3 cup peanuts (mine were roasted and salted)
Directions
  1. Use your food processor to chop up the dates into tiny pieces. Add the bananas and puree some more.
  2. Empty the fruit and add the nuts (or legumes if you want the proper term). Puree those suckers.
  3. Add the fruit and peanuts together.
  4. Form into a shape of your liking.
That's it. Super easy, no?

6 comments:

KaitlynRae said...

I've never heard of this before? I might have to try it! I'm not a fan of almonds though, so I'd probably use peanuts too. Thanks for sharing!

Meredith said...

I haven't heard of Lara bars either, but they look like a good afternoon snack!

Lucy Marie said...

I've never heard of Lara Bars before now. You have just made my life better.

♥Brandy said...

Sounds yummy!

My name is PJ. said...

This is a totally new one on me!!

Adie said...

What is a Lara Bar?