Here goes . . .
First, Katie and Erik got married!
I have pictures of my speech and poem reading, but really it is more exciting to see this:
Congratulations Katie and Erik- we are so happy for you!
Then they went away and I had a list of things to do.
- Grandma taught me to crochet. Thanks Grandma. And I finished my first dish rag last night on the plane home. Sorry, no picture.
- Made two batches of delicious peanut brittle with Grandma. Recipe to follow soon.
- Made two batches of toffee too. However, the first batch burned much like my first attempt. This time, Kenzie's mother was there to help and our second attempt turned out perfect. Recipe to follow later.
- Hang out with Kenzie. Done and done. She helped with the toffee. I love you Kenzie. I hope you had a good family reunion.
- Swim every day? Not so much. But almost. It was close.
- We didn't pick up the newlyweds on Friday because we were at my cousin's cabin. Making this.To put it in perspective, Chris is 6 feet tall.We also got to save my cousin from this. (His bed fell down on him at 2:00 A.M. Luckily he was dreaming a car was falling on him so he didn't get hurt. But definitely needed to be rescued by my heroic husband. Especially since his dad didn't even wake up.)
- We watched the fireworks. It was glorious.
If you made it this far- congratulations. And thanks.
I am happy to be home and catching up on life. But anxiously awaiting the next time I can go home to Minnesota and enjoy the brief joys of summer with family and friends.