Monday, July 6, 2009

Home in Colorado!

I am home in Colorado! It was such a good feeling to come home and sleep in our own bed after what feels like a month away. I have a few pictures of my trip home to Minnesota that I would like to share with you. It might get a bit long, but there are some pretty good stories to be told.

Here goes . . .

First, Katie and Erik got married!
I have pictures of my speech and poem reading, but really it is more exciting to see this:
(Chris and I chauffeuring the newlyweds to the reception.)
We went on a boat for the reception.
Awesome.
(Me, Chris, Kathryn and Erik on the bow of the boat at sunset.)

Congratulations Katie and Erik- we are so happy for you!

Then they went away and I had a list of things to do.
  1. Grandma taught me to crochet. Thanks Grandma. And I finished my first dish rag last night on the plane home. Sorry, no picture.
  2. Made two batches of delicious peanut brittle with Grandma. Recipe to follow soon.
  3. Made two batches of toffee too. However, the first batch burned much like my first attempt. This time, Kenzie's mother was there to help and our second attempt turned out perfect. Recipe to follow later.
  4. Hang out with Kenzie. Done and done. She helped with the toffee. I love you Kenzie. I hope you had a good family reunion.
  5. Swim every day? Not so much. But almost. It was close.
  6. We didn't pick up the newlyweds on Friday because we were at my cousin's cabin. Making this.To put it in perspective, Chris is 6 feet tall.We also got to save my cousin from this. (His bed fell down on him at 2:00 A.M. Luckily he was dreaming a car was falling on him so he didn't get hurt. But definitely needed to be rescued by my heroic husband. Especially since his dad didn't even wake up.)
  7. We watched the fireworks. It was glorious.
I also got some eggs from my other uncle's chickens. (Green Eggs- how cool!)
And some super secret recipes. We'll see about that though. This is largely a food blog.

If you made it this far- congratulations. And thanks.

I am happy to be home and catching up on life. But anxiously awaiting the next time I can go home to Minnesota and enjoy the brief joys of summer with family and friends.

10 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

FINALLY! I thought you were NEVER going to come back. The pictures are great. You looked beautiful at your sister's wedding. You two look a lot alike. I can't wait for the new recipes!!

Mandy said...

woohoo, you're home! Gorgeous pictures of the wedding! Your dress looks fabulous and your sis is so beautiful!

Can't wait to catch up! :)

p.s. my word verification for this post is "wearspit". Ummm, no thank you. :)

Danielle said...

Looks like a great trip! Can't wait for the peanut brittle recipe. :)

Callista said...

hey there! thanks for commenting on my butter experiment. you can go to the store and get heavy cream. thats what i did. it was delicious! i wish i had more time to make it on a regular basis.

cheers!

Erin said...

What a great trip! I keep trying to crochet, but I just end up with a big knot. Guess I'll stick to knitting...

a H.I.T. said...

Sounds like you had fun! Those eggs are cool :)

♥Brandy said...

I was beginning to wonder when you would be back.

Love the wedding pics, and the brittle looks yummy!

My name is PJ. said...

It was a slower week because you had no posts! Glad your home; LOVE THE PHOTOS! Please post more!

Emily said...

Looks like an exciting trip!

I have often wondered about the green eggs too.


The wedding party looks great! Glad you had an awesome time. Glad your back too!

Snow White said...

thanks for the photos!! My family was just here from MN, and I find that everytime we part ways I am awaiting the next time I can visit!!

so... the guy your sister married looks oddly familiar to me... where did he go to college?