Thursday, July 16, 2009

Healthy Heart Treats


As if we needed more sweets in this house- regardless, I made these delicious little guys. I have changed their name from Mudballs to Healthy Heart Treats. If I put healthy in the name- that makes them ok- right?

Healthy Heart Treats
adapted from Heavenly Homemakers

Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup wheat germ
  • 1/2 cup oatmeal
  • 1/4 cup chocolate chips
  • Optional: 1/4 cup sesame seeds (I never have these around so I didn't use them.)
Directions
  1. Heat all ingredients together over low heat.
  2. When chocolate has melted and cooled enough to touch, form treat into any shape you want. I made hearts because that is the only cookie cutter I own.

10 comments:

Danielle said...

mmm ... those look so good! Good luck with the job hunt!

Lyryn said...

They look fantastic!!! Oh my word… thanks for letting us know how it’s made!

Sarah said...

YUM!!! I will have to make those!

Jess LC said...

This is a great recipe, and easy enough for me to attempt. Thanks for sharing!

Dreams2009 said...

Easy recipe and with chocolate yum! Good luck with your job hunt, I'm job hunting too!

Emily said...

Mmm.. thats what I call healthy! Looks delicious.

VeRonda said...

Crack up!! All I see is healthy living when I see these. LOL!

Jennifer said...

They look to cute!! I love the hearts!! Great V-day recipe.

My name is PJ. said...

Next time I have a house full of little kids - this will be what we make!

Rae said...

Tell me that you don't make your own chocolate chips. My sister sent me a link to HH's recipe a while back and, while impressive, I thought the amount of work a bit insane. So please tell me that I am not the only lazy one. Or not. You can tell me that you do, and I will once again bow before your greatness. ;-)