Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

Today is the real deal people. On this day- three years ago- Chris and I tied the knot!

I am going to share some pictures of the event. I hope you don't mind. I was recently going through them for my scrapbook and it was so fun to see it all again. It was so wonderful. We actually go married in the same church as my parents!

But first- 3 fun facts:
  1. When the officiant announced us for the first time as "Mr. and Mrs. New Last Name," she accidentally said "I would like to introduce Mr. and Mrs. Andersen!" Andersen? My mother's maiden name? Oops!
  2. My mother made my veil. She did a great job- don't you think?
  3. You might not believe this- but in lieu of a traditional dinner and dancing reception, we had a small dessert reception after the wedding and then an all day celebration at my favorite place on earth (my parent's cabin) the next day. It was a blast!
We opened presents at the next day get together- and my cousins all pitched in and got us this huge box. It was huge.
It had balloons inside. So fun!

Wedding Party



Cutting the cake . . .

Pictures where Chris proposed . . .



Happy Anniversary Chris. I love you!

(If you want to see more pictures- you know you want to- check them out here: tarynandchris.com)

15 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

Happy Anniversary! It's funny to think that we were in the midst of planning our weddings at the exact same time - before we "knew" each other.

You looked so beautiful at your wedding. Your dress was gorgeous and I absolutely love your cake.

Enjoy the day. Congrats.

Emily said...

Happy Anniversary!

You looked so pretty and I love that cake.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the day and hope you have many many more years to come.

Meredith said...

Happy Anniversary! It sounds like our weddings were pretty similar--and I love looking back at wedding pictures!

Danielle said...

Awww ... I'm always in the mood for some wedding pictures. I love the idea of a dessert reception and then hanging out all day after. You guys look very happy. Congrats!

Brittany Ann said...

Happy Anniversary! You were a beautiful bride!

Snow White said...

Cute! happy anniversary. it must have been such a special day to celebrate at your favorite place on earth!!

your anniversary is 1 week before ours :)

Shaina said...

Aww yay! Happy anniversary!!!

Kristen said...

very nice pictures! Happy anniversary!

Mandy said...

Happy Anniversary!!! :)

Adie said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you have a wonderful evening!

My name is PJ. said...

Taryn, your wedding photos are absolutely lovely! Magazine quality stuff, really! A gorgeous bride, handsome groom and nice looking wedding party! Congrats!!

Adie said...

You should be able to click the thumbnail to enlarge it. If that does not work let me know and I will post the pictures differently.

Hi, Lane said...

Awwww. Congratulations!!!! I love your non-traditional idea for your wedding & reception!

adoseoftlc said...

Such beautiful pictures! :)

Emily said...

Awe...what an adorably sweet little montage!