Friday, July 17, 2009

Barbecue Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza with Homemade BBQ Sauce


We had these for dinner last night. I must say they were really really good- way better than I expected good. Seriously- give this a try sometime. Mhhmmm!

Barbecue Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza with Homemade BBQ Sauce

Ingredients (for 5-6 personal pizzas)
  • 1/2 lb ground turkey
  • some chopped red onion
  • 1 grated garlic
  • cheese
  • 1 batch of BBQ sauce (see below for instructions)
  • 4-5 cooked and chopped bacon slices
  • Pizza crust(s)
Directions
  1. Brown turkey with some chopped red onions and garlic.
  2. Spread remaining ingredients on pizza to taste.
  3. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until cheese in melted.
As you know, I don't "do" spicy. At all. Most barbecue sauces are too spicy for me. This one - however is not. It is phenomenal.

Homemade Barbecue Sauce
adapted from Heavenly Homemakers

Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup ketchup
  • 2 T. minced onion
  • 1/4 t. garlic powder
  • 1 t. vinegar (I used white wine vinegar)
  • 1 T. molasses, honey or sucanat
Directions
  1. Mix everything together and bring to a simmer to dissolve sugar and blend flavors.
Done.

So easy- you will never have to buy BBQ sauce again! = )

7 comments:

Kayla said...

I think I need to find my way to your house for dinner one of these nights! haha (just kidding, I'm not a creepo) But you seem to make all sorts of delicious looking, and I'm sure tasting, dinners & desserts! What a lucky hubby you have!!!

Erin said...

I've never tried to do my own BBQ sauce before. Yummy!

My husband tires easily of pizza, but this one is always welcome in his belly ;-) I use grilled chicken and turkey bacon. Nom, nom, nom.

Snow White said...

I've been wanting to try that BBQ sauce -- looks great!

T i f f a n y said...

Okay - that looks amazing. My husband and I are always too afraid to get adventurous when we make pizza at home. We usually just use turkey pepperoni, cheese and onions. One time I got bold and threw on some broccoli (oooh! exciting!). I'll have to give these a try. Thanks for the recipe!

Emily said...

That looks really good. My husband would like that.

I can't find scrabble... but then come to think of it.. I might have only spelled it with one "b". LOL!

My name is PJ. said...

And your cookbook is scheduled to come out when? :)

Kristi said...

This looks so yummy!!! I can't wait to try it.