Friday, July 10, 2009

Asparagus, Mushroom and Goat Cheese Quiche


When I made this dish, I adapted it to have 5 eggs instead of 10 whopping eggs. It would have been fine, except for the mushrooms. If you make this, and do not love, love, LOVE mushrooms, cut the mushrooms in half- maybe 4 oz. or so. The mushroom texture was overpowering in our quiche. We had to eat it on toast to help hide the mushrooms. Seriously. But other than that, it was really good. Enjoy!

Asparagus, Mushroom and Goat Cheese Quiche
Adapted from Closet Cooking

Ingredients
  • 1 tablespoon oil
  • 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
  • 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/2 pound asparagus (trimmed and cut into bite sized pieces)
  • goat cheese (sliced)
  • 5 eggs
  • 1 cup cottage cheese
  • salt and pepper to taste
Directions
  1. Saute the mushrooms until tender, about 5-10 minutes.
  2. Add the garlic, thyme and season with salt and pepper and saute until fragrant, about a minute and remove from heat.
  3. Spread the asparagus out evenly over the bottom of an 8 inch square baking dish or pie pan.
  4. Spread the mushrooms and goat cheese over top.
  5. Mix the eggs and cottage cheese and season with salt and pepper.
  6. Pour the egg mixture into the pan.
  7. Bake in a preheated 375F oven until the eggs are firmly set and golden brown on top, about 20-30 minutes.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Looks delish!

Lucy Marie said...

Yum. And how odd that we both posted quiche recipes?

I wish you were with your in laws driving past my house!!!!!

Kristin said...

That looks scrumptious! And I LOVE mushrooms :-D

Priscilla said...

I am sure we'd love it with all those mushrooms then! Hazel had some mushroom/ground turkey/cheese/rice thing tonight and I think she already loves them too!

My name is PJ. said...

It looks scrumptious!

Ginette said...

Sounds yummy!

Adie said...

Yum yum! I love goat cheese and I love mushrooms. Did you cut back on the mushrooms and the eggs? I wondered if having more eggs would have balanced out the mushrooms better. Can't wait to try it.