Here is my partial step-by-step process. I couldn't take lots of pictures because Chris wasn't home to help. However, my process explanation for Homemade Honeydew Jam is more detailed. If you have any questions, just ask. Canning really isn't that hard or scary!
Homemade Strawberry Jam
- about 4 lbs of washed and hulled berries
- 1 package of pectin
- 1 Cup 100% apple juice
- 6-8 washed and dried half pint canning jars
- sugar if desired
- Mush up the berries to your liking using a potato masher. (If no potato masher, I used a Foley Fork with much success.)
- Combine fruit, juice and pectin together. Bring to a boil that cannot be stirred down.
- Add sugar is desired. (I added 1/2 Cup sugar for good measure.) Bring back to a boil for 3 minutes.
- Ladle into warmed jars from simmering saucepan.
- Tighten lid (not too tight) and turn over to help heat stay in to seal the jars.
- Pick up the disaster area you made in less than 10 minutes of fun.
- Let it cool and you will have a delicious jam!